Welcome!


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Power Animal Retrieval

Power animals are an essential part of shamanism which believes that each person has animal helpers or spirits. Connecting with your power animal can give you a sense of strength, peace, courage, wisdom, etc, according to the type of animal and your life situation. You can connect with your power animal during meditation and ask it for guidance regarding any issue in your life. This is a skill that requires some practice but can be attained by anyone.

During a dark year of my life, I came across the idea of power animals and animal totems. The ideas are interchangeable as they signify helpers that are hear to assist you during this phase in life. Animal totems can be relevant your life theme, or just show up for certain experiences to provide more insight.

I was curious as to what animal was significant for me so I closed my eyes and quieted my mind and asked the question:  “what animal has significance for me right now?” After a few moments, I had an image of a black wild cat. I was a tad unsettled as it seemed like such a dark image, though I did have an affinity for cats, just more domesticated ones. I looked up black panther and black leopard as they seemed very similar as well as the various meanings and was so amazed at how specifically it highlighted the difficult situation I was in and the lessons that I wanted to learn from the experience. It was a huge help and comfort for me.

I want to pass along this encouragement to anyone who’s curious as it can be something to use during meditation. I often connect to my power animals and seek counsel/guidance from them. I'm able to tell you what your power animal is if you send me a clear picture of your face. I’ll then compile a list of attributes and qualities that the animal entails and email it to you. If you’d like to leave a donation for this service, that would be much appreciated.

Blessings, love, and light to you. <3
~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment